Sekonic L-758DR Light Meter
The Sekonic L-758DR DigitalMaster is simply the most dynamic light meter you will ever own. It can record incident or 1-degree spot-readings under ambient and/or strobe lighting down to a tenth-stop in accuracy, and it’s sealed against the nastiest of weather. With the included Sekonic RT-32 Radio Transmitter Module and you can wirelessly trigger PocketWizard-enabled flash systems within a 100’ range. But that’s not what makes the Sekonic L-758DR DigitalMaster different from any other meter you have owned. What moves the L-758DR DigitalMaster to the head of the class is that it is the only meter that can be calibrated to read light the way the sensor in your particular camera reads light. Like film, imaging sensors vary in light sensitivity levels from one batch to the next. Despite manufacturers best efforts, fluctuations of native ISO sensitivities of up to plus/minus half-a-stop can be detected across the uncut wafers as they come off the manufacturing line. Depending on which ‘slice of the pie’ is inside your camera, the specs listed in the camera manual may not hold true to the characteristics of the sensor in your particular camera. By running an easy calibration test using Sekonic’s L-758DR, a Sekonic Exposure Profile Target (optional) and the included Data Transfer Software (Mac & Windows), you can accurately profile the sensitivity characteristics of your camera’s sensor to determine the compensation value for its true native ISO, dynamic range and clipping points. After calculating the test data and establishing new exposure parameters, this data is uploaded from your computer via the included USB cable back to the meter where it is stored as camera profiles. Profiling data from up to 3 cameras can be stored in your meter for instant recall.
- Profiles the specific sensitivity levels of your cameras imaging sensor for exacting light readings
- Exposures accurate down to a tenth-of-a-stop in full-stop mode for both ambient
- Built-in 1-degree spot meter features an adjustable diopter (-2.5 to 1.0d), and is threaded for 30.5mm filters
- Up to 9 readings can be stored for meter averaging and contrast evaluations in aperture and shutter priority modes
- For mixed lighting scenarios, the Sekonic L-758DR DigitalMaster displays the combined exposure values of both flash