Pentax K-5 16.3 MP Digital SLR
Encased in a compact but solid, functional body, Pentax K-5 digital SLR comes equipped with a host of advanced photographic tools for the easy creation of great pictures, while delivering high standards of image quality, data processing speed and operability. Developed using the highly acclaimed Pentax K-7 as its base, the K-5 inherits the exceptional reliability, user-friendly operation, array of advanced features and compact, lightweight body of its predecessor.
However, it is more resourceful and flexible in photographic expression. Combining a new high-speed, low-noise CMOS image sensor with the high-performance PRIME II imaging engine, it produces super-high-resolution, rich-gradation digital images with approximately 16.28 effective megapixels, even when shooting in the continuous shooting mode at a maximum speed of approximately seven images per second. It also offers an extra-wide sensitivity range between ISO 80 and ISO 51200 (when expanded via a custom function) and full HD-proportion movie recording at 1920 x 1080 pixels to expand the boundaries of high-quality visual presentation. Adding other improvements and refinements–such as a faster autofocusing speed, an upgraded HDR (High Dynamic Range) function now usable in handheld shooting, and better operability through an overall review of the design and shape of all components — the K-5 is designed to be more functional and maneuverable in every detail, and in its response to the demands of the photographer.
- High-resolution, low-noise, true-to-life image reproduction
- High-speed continuous shooting at approximately seven images per second
- Responsive, high-precision AF system
- Compact, solid, functional camera body
- Bright, clear optical viewfinder with 100% field of view
- Effortless Live View shooting
- Pentax-original SR mechanism with user-assisting options
- Recording of Full HD-proportion movies (1920 x 1080 pixels, 25 frames per second)
- Innovative image-processing functions to produce distinctive photographic expressions