Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G3 16 MP Micro Four-Thirds Interchangeable Lens Camera
Panasonics LUMIX DMC-G3 offers the benefits of a DSLR interchangeable lens system camera with a point-and-shoot camera’s compactness, light weight and simplicity. This reduction in size and weight is thanks to advancements in mirror-free viewfinder technology, and large DSLR format sensors that are more compatible with a new class of compact Micro Four Thirds (MFT) System lenses. This new class of Compact System Cameras (CSC) offers a weight and compactness not seen in traditional DSLRs, for greater portability and creative control. The DMC-G3 provides a traditional DSLR-like experience with an external Mode dial for quick access to common modes like Program, Shutter and Aperture Priority, Manual. Additional dial settings include two Custom Modes, Scene Modes and the new Creative Control Mode. The DMC-G3 provides a dedicated video button that can be used to switch to video capture quickly without changing modes.
Like most DSLRs, the DMC-G3 provides a built-in flash and hotshoe for connecting optional LUMIX flashes. The LUMIX G MFT System offers a selection of 11 high performance fixed focal length and variable aperture G Vario zooms, including a highly versatile 3D lens capable of capturing both 2D and 3D images at the same time. There are lens adaptors available for mounting older Leica M and Leica R lenses, including older LUMIX full Four Thirds lenses. An innovative 14-140mm HD G Vario lens provides the best of video and still-image shooting with a long 10x range and near silent high-speed focusing.
- 16-megapixel compact mirrorless system; Micro Four Thirds format camera
- Kit includes 14-42mm Lumix f/3.5-5.6 lens; capture high-quality photos in 3D with optional lens
- 3.0-inch free-angle LCD with touch control; new Pinpoint AF feature
- 1080/60i HD video capability in AVCHD format; Venus Engine FHD enables Intelligent Resolution technology
- Intelligent Auto and Intelligent Auto Plus (iA, iA+); more burst shooting options; new Photo Style Mode