Nikon SB-400 AF Speedlight Flash
Nikon announces the Nikon Speedlight SB-400, an intelligent and versatile external flash unit that provides i-TTL flash operation in a super-compact and ultra-lightweight body at an affordable price. With its powerful guide number of 21, the SB-400 is an ideal flash unit for beginners in digital SLR photography, but it is also useful for hobbyists and professionals looking for a handy i-TTL flash unit offering an effortless bounce flash function. The SB-400 has been specifically developed to provide photographers with an entry-level external flash unit which is compatible with i-TTL flash operation. When combined with cameras that are compatible wih the Nikon Creative Lighting System, the SB-400 is controlled in i-TTL and D40′s M (manual) mode. The SB-400′s flash head can be tilted in 4 steps–horizontal, as well as 60, 75, and 90 degrees–and has a flash shooting distance range of between 60cm to 20m (depending on the camera’s ISO setting). Slow Sync, Red-eye Reduction and other flash modes can also be set on the camera body, enabling users to enjoy brighter and more natural lighting for better flash pictures.
- Compact, lightweight Speedlight unit
- 18mm angle of coverage with Nikon DX format digital SLR cameras
- Bounce capabilities in 4 steps up to 90 degrees; flash shooting distance range from 2 and up to 66 feet
- Approximate guide number of 98.4 feet at ISO 200 (at 18mm zoom head setting)
- Operates on two AA-size (1.5V) batteries; fast 2.5 second recycling time