Manfrotto 486RC2 Compact Ball Head with RC2 Rapid Connect System
The Bogen-Manfrotto 486RC2 Compact Ball Head is the same as the 486 but equipped with a 3157N quick-release camera plate. The 486RC2 is a direct replacement of the 3413QR and 3055S ProBall and Heavy-Duty Double Action Ball Heads. A strong die-cast construction, precision machined aluminum housing, and an extremely hard phenolic resin ball provides smooth movements across all tilt positions. The 486RC2 features a single ratchet locking knob for 360-degree pan and a double groove for +90 to -90-degree tilt movements. Camera plate has a 1/4-20-inch male thread, and head to tripod attachment is 3/8-inch female. Optional Plates: 200PL-38, 200PLARCH-14, 200PLARCH-38.
The double 90-degree groove (one on each side of the head) means switching from landscape to portrait is convenient however you’re set up. The compact, rectangular 200PL quick release plate system fits neatly under small-bodied still cameras up to SLR (even with tele lenses) or small medium format, or under small video cameras or spotting scopes. Its rubber pad gives a good grip without damaging the camera, and its angled sides ensure that it also fits perfectly and tightly into a wide range of Manfrotto heads. This head features a secondary security lock so you can’t accidentally release the plate (and camera) without meaning to. The lock stops the quick release lever from opening fully. It also has a convenient single locking mechanism that blocks or frees movement on all axes for greater speed of use.
- Compact ball head equipped with a 3157N quick-release camera plate
- Strong die-cast construction, precision-machined aluminum housing
- Extremely hard phenolic resin ball provides smooth movements across all tilt positions
- Single ratchet locking knob for 360-degree pan and a double groove for +90 to -90-degree tilt movements
- Plate has 1/4-20-inch male thread, and head to tripod attachment is 3/8-inch female