Canon XF100 Professional Camcorder
Compact in size, light weight and fully featured, the Canon XF100 Professional Camcorder can be tailored to fit a wide range of individual needs. While sharing many of the capabilities of the Canon XF305 and xF300 Professional Camcorders, including the Canon XF Codec and Compact Flash (CF) recording, the xF100 offers some exciting new features of its own.Whether used as a companion to the xF305 or xF300 or as a standalone camcorder, the xF100 is geared for a wide range of applications where high image quality, extreme portability and efficient workflow are of the utmost importance. And with infrared recording and true stereoscopic 3-D production capabilities, the xF100 allows users to eXPLORe new creative outlets and emerging markets.The xF100 utilizes Canon's xF Codec - a file-based MPEG-2 compression with an MxF File Wrapper that ensures the widest compatibility with existing industry infrastructure, metadata and non-linear editing (NLE) systems. The codec's 4:2:2 color sampling provides ultra-fine transitions in tone and color for maintaining the highest image quality needed for advanced post production processing. The xF100's newly developed Genuine Canon 10x HD Video Lens along with a Canon native 1920 x 1080 CMOS Image Sensor delivers exceptional image quality. The xF100 also offers multiple recording bit rates, resolutions and variable frame rates to expand creative flexibility, allowing users to work in virtually any production environment.
- This Item Includes: Canon XF-100 High Definition Pro Camcorder - Lens Hood - Battery Pack BP-925 - Compact Power Adapter CA-930 - DC Cable DC-930 - Wireless Controller WL-D6000 - Shoulder Strap - Microphone Holder Unit - Component Cable CTC-100/S - Canon XF Utilities Disc - Canon 1 Year Warranty
- MPEG-2 4:2:2 50Mbps Codec (Canon XF Codec): Canon's adaptation of MPEG-2 for the XF100 Professional Camcorder, named the Canon XF Codec, ensures the widest compatibility with existing industry infrastructure and non-linear editing (NLE) systems
- 4:2:2 Color Sampling: 4:2:2 color sampling provides twice the color resolution of HDV and other codecs that use 4:2:0 color sampling
- Record to Compact Flash Cards: The camcorder features two CF card slots and offers versatile recording functions including relay recording, hot swapping, file copy and backup, and pre-record
- Major NLE Software Compatibility: Canon's XF Codec is supported by the industry's leading manufacturers: Adobe, Apple, Avid and Grass Valley. This ensures the widest compatibility with existing infrastructure and non-linear editing (NLE) software