Canon EOS 1D Mark IV 16.1 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera
Similar to the D3, the D300 features Nikon’s exclusive EXPEED Image Processing System that is central to driving the speed and processing power needed for many of the camera’s new features. The D300 features a new 51-point autofocus system with Nikon’s 3D Focus Tracking feature and two new LiveView shooting modes that allow users to frame a photograph using the camera’s high-resolution LCD monitor. The D300 shares a similar Scene Recognition System as is found in the D3; it promises to greatly enhance the accuracy of autofocus, autoexposure, and auto white balance by recognizing the subject or scene being photographed and applying this information to the calculations for the three functions.
- 16.1-megapixel APS-H CMOS sensor and Dual DIGIC 4 imaging processors
- 45-point Area AF sensor including 39 cross-type AF points with f/2.8 support
- ISO 100-12,800 for shooting from bright to dim light with low noise levels
- EOS HD movie with manual exposure control and multiple frame rates; 3.0-inch Clear View II LCD monitor
- Magnesium alloy body with shutter durability up to 300,000 cycles and exclusive dust-and-weather resistance
- Body only, lenses sold separately; capture images to CF Card Type I and II, SD/SDHC